Click the Link to Play the Audio File ==>: Dr. Mark Van Stone On What’s Going To Happen in 2012
The Dec. 21, 2012 Doomsday predictions can be pretty scary if one believes everything heard without giving it any real thought or researching the specifics of 2012 prophecy associated with the Maya. Many have predicted the end of the world in 2012 and used the Mayan calendar and things like the “unusual” galactic alignment etc. to make far-fetched predictions about when will the world end. But the evidence that actually exists point to dramatically different conclusions than those who have been given megaphones on TV shows like Ancient Aliens on the History Channel 2.
From an excerpt in his book, 2012: Science and Prophecy of the Ancient Maya, Dr. Mark Van Stone, quotes four typical predictions for events that could happen in the year 2012 based on interpretations of many scholars and amateur archeologists. Those often include:
“The rare celestial alignment of our solar system, our sun, and our planet with the center of our galaxy—an event that will not happen again for another 26,000 years.” –Gregg Braden
The “dawning of a Wisdom Age … standing on the shoulders of the Information Age.” –Peter Russell
“The December 21, 2012, date will likely be a “nonevent” similar to … the widely anticipated Y2K phenomenon.” — Robert K. Sitler
But the reality is, when the morning of Dec. 22, 2012 arrives, unless something truly bizarre happens, most of us still will be here. At most, ancient Maya writings say that the god, Bolon Yokte, is going to appear in person and yes, as Dr. Van Stone says, “put on a costume.”
Why is there so much speculation about planets aligning, magnetic poles of the Earth reversing, high numbers of solar flares from the sun affecting the communications on the planet, etc., etc. etc. And Lord, let’s not forget the guys on Ancient Aliens.
2012: Science and Prophecy of The Ancient Maya
We’ve partnered with Dr. Van Stone to do some very special and amazing things with his book in the coming months, but for now, we are honored to share with you this audio recording with him talking about some of the predicted things that will happen in 2012.
This is just the beginning in a series of recordings with Dr. Van Stone.
If you’ve not registered to receive our direct emails on the front page of TheWondersExpedition.com, we encourage you to do so before leaving our site!
- Chaa Creek sponsors Maya 2012 author (prweb.com)
- TWE Pinterest Site (thewondersexpedition.com)
- December Solstice Expedition to Poverty Point, LA, USA (thewondersexpedition.com)
- Does This World End on 21st December 2012? (socyberty.com)
- Upcoming exhibition will debunk Mayan prophecy of the end of the world in 2012 (gadling.com)
- A Maya culpa on end of world (smh.com.au)
- Native American Elder Wisdom: Two Moon Legend (ecochildsplay.com)
- Intergalactic Confederation – Surveillance Branch (nalonmit.wordpress.com)
- Counting down to the Transit of Venus – our nearest exoplanet test-lab (yubanet.com)
- What If Earth’s Magnetic Poles Flip? (livescience.com)
- MEME MADNESS: Socially Awkward Sequel (memebase.com)
- 2012: Time for Change: New Film Featuring Daniel Pinchbeck, Sting, David Lynch, Ellen Page, Opens Theatrically in Select Cities (prweb.com)
- Doomsday Dashed: Why the End of the World Will Not Happen on December 21, 2012 (ibtimes.com)
- Royal Relaxation at Belize’s Chaa Creek (prweb.com)
- 2012: western culture obsessed with end of the world, not ancient Maya (vancouversun.com)
- Maya begin ‘end of era’ countdown (bbc.co.uk)
- Mayans never predicted world to end in 2012: experts (reuters.com)