We hear that question a lot lately. Will we all be dead on Dec. 22, 2012 because of some catastrophic prediction come true on Dec. 21, 2012, but when one analyzes the actual facts about the matter, you can see, this is largely something that’s been exploited by Hollywood and pseudo-scientists out looking to make a buck who are going to have some foot-noted explaining to do on Dec. 22, 2012 about how they were so wrong.
Last week we even had a caller tell us for fact that the world is going to end at noon on Dec. 21, 2012. He just didn’t know which time zone it was going to happen in.
Dr. Mark Van Stone
The Wonders Expedition has developed a fantastic working relationship with Mayanist Dr. Mark Van Stone of San Diego. We are in the process of creating an Interactive Book for the iPad of his book: 2012: Science and Prophecy of the Ancient Maya. He’s taught us so many great things about what’s actually been found among the ruins and writings of the Maya and he has helped provide some great answers. (If you would like to make a pledge to a project for an Interactive Book for the iPad on Machu Picchu, please click here!)
We are posting this video below to share with you because it starts to help really explain what’s going on about 2012 and why all the hoopla.
It’s an interview with Dr. Van Stone and others in January 2012 in Belize. It takes a few minutes to watch, but we think it’s well worth it.
So if you’re wound up and thinking the world’s going to end in 8 months, relax. You’ll see here there’s not so much to be worried about. At least as far as the Maya were concerned…..
- The 2012 Countdown Begins at Chaa Creek (prweb.com)
- Mexico capitalizes on Mayan 2012 prophecy (cbsnews.com)
- The first major 2012 event at Chaa Creek (prweb.com)
- Chaa Creek sponsors Maya 2012 author (prweb.com)
- Discovery of the first evidence for Pre-Columbian sources of Maya Blue (eurekalert.org)
- 2012: western culture obsessed with end of the world, not ancient Maya (vancouversun.com)
- Did the Maya prophesize about the world ending in 2012? (cbc.ca)
- Doomsday Dashed: Why the End of the World Will Not Happen on December 21, 2012 (ibtimes.com)
- Do You Believe in Mayan Predictions? (kkb012.wordpress.com)
- Maya ‘doomsday’ could lure tourists to Mexico (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Ancient Aliens 2012 Show – What would the Mayans say? (thewondersexpedition.com)
- Circling a fate on the calendar (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- What Is Supposed to Happen on Dec 21 2012? (pukirahe.wordpress.com)